Monday, February 28, 2011

Good-Bye Vermont, Hello New York!

Yesterday, I left Smuggler's Notch with Magda, Carlos, and Gabby after 2 last runs on the upper mountains, (Madonna and Sterling). We went on the same trails on Madonna, ("Upper Chilcoot," "Lower Chilcoot," "Father Bob's," and "Link") and "Upper Rumrunner" and "Crossover" on Sterling. It was very cold, though. For the first time ever, my legs actually felt the wind. That means the wind went through my ski pants, Long Johns and my silk layer, but my feet and hands were fine; the complete opposite of the other days. Anyway, we packed the car and left Smugg's at 2:00, the latest we've ever left! Surprisingly, we arrived the earliest in Brooklyn, 8:30. The day was all miss-matched. In the car, to pass time, Gabby and I edited some REALLY funny videos on iMovie, all part of a series called Big Face Girl or BFG. We made the videos in Photo Booth, so we could distort our faces. (We put the distortion on "Stretch" so that might clear up why "Big Face Girl" is called "BIG Face Girl"). It is full of Gabby pushing my head out of the screen and both of us looking like complete idiots. We also made a commercial about BFG, full of various parts of various clips, that to us, are the funniest. So now I am in Brooklyn, regular old Brooklyn, but that is okay.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your posts, Alexander. What a great record of our wonderful week! Love, Magda

    ReplyDelete