Friday, February 25, 2011

Mid-Winter Vacation #5

Today was awesome! I went with Gabby (she is felling much better thanks to the antibiotics) to Sterling for our shorter lesson; only 1 and a half hours instead of 5 hours. We only did 2 runs, though; but I learned a lot. Then, after ski camp, Carlos took Gabby and I to the top of "Madonna," the tallest mountain in Smuggler's at 3640! We went on 4 trails called: "Upper Chilcoot," "Lower Chilcoot," "Father Bob's," and "Link." It was so cold and it was snowing like crazy. We got 4-8 inches of snow and we were going against the wind so my helmet and goggles were frozen. When we got to the bottom of Madonna, we then took a trail called "Midway" back to our condo. When we got to our condo, my hair was FROZEN!!! There were big clumps of ice on my jacket, neck warmer, helmet and ski pants. Now we are having a late lunch and we are all warm, for now. We will be going back out to ski on "Morse," the smallest mountain so we will still be cold, but hopefully not too cold. And then, this evening, we are looking forward to the warmth of the hot-tub at the Smuggler's Notch Pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment